One of the better street parks in the bay area. Good fun box with
small ledges and a variety of hips. The bowls have really bad transitions
though and the coping is sunken in way to far making grinds difficult.
A plus is that you'll see one of the best views of SF you can get
from the east bay.
Directions: In the
far rear right of the old Alameda Naval base. Ask around for specifics.
Pads: Full pads, rarely enforced, look out for cops.
Good for Kids: Yes.
Pros: It's got a killer view of the City.
Cons: Have to dodge swarms of BMX bikers and little kids on rollerblades.
Address: Ave A, Alameda, CA 94501, USA.
Phone: (510) 748-4565.
Transit: Saratoga St:W Midway Av
Website: Google+, Facebook
1) Technically, this park sucks.. But for some reason you find your spot and have a good time. I was trying out a new deck and was dropping into the bowl all day, carving it up. Then I went to the Martinez park on my way home and with the same deck, ate a plate of shit and broke my wrist.
I just sold that deck.
All in all, alameda is built like shit but that, and its location give it it's charm.
2) Not the best park around but still a good time if you like to carve around the bowls. Not much in the way of street but you shouldn't be at a park for it.
Watch out for all the bikers and Rollerbladers, they can arrive in droves. Come here early to avoid any crowds.
3) I've been going to the Alameda Skate Park since its creation. Though, the past few years I haven't been skating much, but have recently picked it up again.
I've seen pros like Bill Pepper, and the guys of team Spitfire and team Etnies here in its hay day. Overall, its a great park. A good mix of street and vert skating, and enough riding room for everyone.
You can always find a mix of skateboarders, bmxers and even roller bladers here. In the past few years though, this skate park has become more of a domain for bikes than anything else.
One of my favorite things about this park, is if you get a cloudy night, but the weather isn't too terrible, the lights from the Port of Oakland bounce off the clouds and light up the entire park!
4) I'm not much of a skater.... I actually can't skate at all. BUT, I did go here about a month ago on my bike, and it's a good thing this place was empty because I fell on my ass a couple of times here.
I think this place is great, just because it's the only one in Alameda, and it seems to be really popular with the kids.
5) This park is pretty good if you want to skate alone. Come here at about 8 in the morning on a thursday and theres only about 1 or 2 people here. Its peaceful to skate. No posers come up to you and ask for a game of skate. Just peace. Its a great park. Worth trying out.